Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Zzzz....what?

Oh, I'm sorry Autumn. I thought you were 5 months old, not newborn!

Although she sure is acting newborn again.

I don't think I've had a solid nights sleep in over a week. Cry me a river, I know. But I got used to her sleeping through the night, which she has done since she was two months old. I know this varies from baby to baby, but hell, I thought I got lucky for a minute there.

I've asked around and even called my pediatrician and it is just a growth spurt. She is waking up to receive more milk for more nutrients to support this growth.

Yeah...I'm going through a growth spurt too. Can somebody feed me chocolate every two hours? I need it...for growth and stuff.

I tried in vain to wake Tim up last night so perhaps he could silence Babyzilla. I would have had a better chance at waking a corpse with necromancy. So I cursed, threw off my covers, stomped like a two year old to her room, picked her up, and cried as I rocked her and nursed her. I had to stop after a few minutes cause I made her cry by my crying. I think her thoughts were something like this: "Woman, would you shut the hell up while I eat?! Damn, I'm just trying to have a quiet meal here!"

So I shut the hell up. I cried on the inside though. Ha! Can't protest that, Autumn!

I think finally around 2 am I dozed off in the rocking chair. Then woke again at 7 am with her crying. Stuffed her pacifier in her mouth. Went back to sleep. Woke up finally at 8 am to a urine drenched baby cooing and laughing at my pain.

I'm glad somebody is amused.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully this spurt doesn't last too long. I had many nights of crying with Ethan. He didn't sleep thru the night till he was well over 2yrs old.

    ReplyDelete