Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Leaky

Don't ask me how many outfits Autumn has gone through today.

Cause I'm going to tell you anyway.

So I cloth diaper. I think I mentioned that previously. Who knows, I can't remember anything these days. I use FuzziBunz and Happy Heinys. They are great and adorable, but I think I am doing something wrong or perhaps I ruined them before. I have followed their directions for washing, only using organic baby powder and not any diaper rash creams because they can cause the material to repell instead of absorbing. I use dye and fragrance-free detergent (currently using Dropps). However, both leak on me. All. The. Time. Usually out the sides and top. I figured I am putting the liner in wrong or Autumn just wets that much. And yes, I change her often. Not only is that a good thing to do, but she reaks. So what am I doing wrong? Hell if I know. I am just glad I was given enough clothes that it isn't a problem to change her outfit every diaper change practically. I have gone through about three outfits today and it is only 3pm. A tad annoying. But c'est la vie. I am dealing with it and Tim is too.

Today is Tim's day off and mine. He wanted to go with some coworkers to hang out and work on a truck. He had asked me earlier if I'd be upset if he went. I told him he can do what he wants, that I don't own him, but my tone betrayed my false accomodating indifference. So he stayed here. Now, I am all about doing what you want when you want and having time apart. But lately I feel he has a gay crush on these guys. And a hard-on for his job. Who wouldn't? If I ran the show somewhere, I'm sure I'd be knee-deep in my awesomeness. But let's be honest. I have a crying pooping machine that goes off almost every hour. It's like playing hot potato except the potato has a leaking diaper on. And cries. And drools.

OK, maybe it isn't like hot potato.

My point is, wouldn't you want somebody around to pass it off to? Take turns? Wouldn't it just bug you if your other was out having a gay ole time and you were stuck with Babyzilla?

Exactly. My heart is on my sleeve and it says, "Hell no, you can't go out. Sit your ass here and help!" So he did. I'm so glad he reads between the lines. Smart, smart boy.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment